EXPERT WITNESS SERVICE
Gordon Herrald provides an Expert Witness Service. A litigation service for Solicitors, Loss Adjusters, Insurers, Trading Standards and Individuals.
How you benefit from the Witness Service
Objectives: In the first instance, to provide a thorough unbiased quality report to try prevent a case reaching court. Secondly, to provide all necessary support should the case proceed to court.
Areas of technical competence Exceptionally well qualified to cover specialist sectors as integrated security systems, security management systems, intruder alarm systems, CCTV, access control, physical, perimeter, manned guarding services, signalling and central station monitoring services. Experience and active participation on BSI committees ensures knowledge or at least familiarity with most security industry standards (e.g. BS 4737, BS 8418, BS 5979, EN 50131, EN 50133, EN 50136, EN 50518, EN/IEC 60839 and EN 62676). We hold over 100 current standards in our office.
Reliable expertise: Leading consultant in relevant fields.
Expert presentations: Clear and confident presentation of evidence ensures very few cases go to court.
Prompt response: To ensure log files and documentary evidence are captured where possible.
Time saving: By identifying the key issues at an early date, much wasted time can be avoided.
Cost effective: By sticking to the important aspects relevant to the case at hand.
Court experience: Appearances before Crown Court and international arbitration tribunals.
Expert reports completed:
- Full evaluation of CCTV, access control, perimeter and other security systems and measures in place at time of a high profile bullion robbery. Included detailed investigation into system logs and CCTV footage.
- Expert reports and witness for large international arbitration case for large multi-million dollar contract concerning integration of perimeter systems (radar, CCTV and PIDs), intruder, public address and access control.
- Expert report and court witness for high profile safe deposit and jewellery robberies.
- Technical security report on a bank's security following a high profile multi-million pound bank robbery.
- Report and justification for counter-claim on a contractor claim for substantial extras on a very large integrated high-security system installation.
- Report on biometrics access control system installation.
- Technical report on security systems (CCTV, intruder and access control) of a large warehouse and offices following a burglary.
- Report on security at a betting shop following an armed robbery.
- Report on security at a gold shop following a burglary.
- Report on security aspects following burglaries and armed robbery at six Jewellers
- Reports on CCTV systems at residential and industrial properties throughout England.
- Reports on security measures at two Cash & Carry stores following high value burglaries.
- Report on intruder alarm systems of high value goods warehouses and offices following burglaries.
- Report on security systems (intruder and CCTV) at an electrical wholesale property following a burglary.
- Report on security perimeter systems at warehouses and offices following a burglary.
- Report on installation and maintenance of intruder alarm systems and CCTV systems at business premises and residential property.
- Report on CCTV and fire systems at student accommodation complex in Glasgow.
- Report on suspected interference of security system in alleged arson case.
- Technical report on residential intruder alarm system failings.
- Report on the physical security elements (particularly remote window openers) at a specially adapted residential apartment for a special needs person in London.
- Report on police covert CCTV system and recorded evidence.
- Report on security systems (intruder and CCTV) at retail food and drink shop
- Report on a CCTV and alarm system installation at an industrial unit.
- Report on use of suspected bugging in vehicle - surveillance countermeasures survey.
- Report on security at premises of a motor car company following thefts.
- Report on perimeter road barriers.
- Report and justification for counter-claim on contractor claim for substantial extras on a very large integrated high-security system installation.
For more details about Gordon Herrald click here